Chocolate Sugar Cookies
2 C ( 452g ) butter
2 C ( 396g ) granulated sugar
1 C ( 213g ) brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp ( 4.2g ) vanilla
6 C (720g ) all purpose flour
1 1/4 C (106g ) cocoa powder
1 tsp ( 6g ) kosher salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars.
2. Add eggs. Mix until just combined scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add vanilla and mix until just combined.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together flour and cocoa powder, then sift. With mixer on low add sifted mixture to butter mixture slowly. Mix until just combined.
4. Transfer dough to work surface and divide in half. Shape dough into flattened discs and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least one hour or overnight. Dough should be cool to touch, but not cold.
5. Preheat oven to 350° F. Roll dough out to 1/8-1/4 inch thickness on either a floured surface, parchment or silicone baking sheet.
6. Cut dough into desired shapes and transfer to baking sheets lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
7. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are crisp but not darkened, 10-15 minutes. After the cookies have been removed from the oven let them rest on the baking sheet until warm to touch.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.